Friday, July 8, 2016

REXIT! It's Time to Vote With Our Feet




I've been sending letters to the Republican rules committee asking them to support the Unruh proposal which would officially allow delegates to vote just their conscience at the upcoming convention. The only ones who have gotten back to me on it have all said, basically, "Thanks for your opinion, but here's why I'm supporting Trump."  All of the responses so far have pretty much followed the "lesser of two evils" line of reasoning which I've already explained why that's poor reasoning in previous blogs, so I won't bore you with it again. One respondent gave me a justification for leaving the delegates bound to a nominee elected by crossover Democrats, by saying it doesn't matter. We must beat Hillary and our bully is better than their bully. 

Another spoke about respecting the "will of the voters". I reminded her that we are a Republic. The party is even named the Republican Party for crying out loud. Our founding fathers gave us a republic not a group suicide by majority vote government.

If the party leadership insists on following after the biggest bully on the playground, hoping he won't hurt them when he's done with the other bully, then, to paraphrase Ronald Reagan, I won't be leaving the party, the party will be leaving me. Courage is a precious and rare commodity in today's political world. I suspect if someone showed up with some and exercised it, we'd have an effective leader by acclamation. I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of fast-talking, big government, bullies who tell me I have to hold my nose and vote for someone because they say so.

Time for a Declaration of Independence from the two party system. Goodbye and, not only will I not let the door hit me in the ass on the way out, but I might just rip the door off the hinges so other honorable folks can find their way out of the cesspool that collects around Donald Trump.

Besides he doesn't need us. He who must not be elected said so himself.

Just one man's opinion.

Tom King © 2016

No comments: