Sunday, November 13, 2016
This week the Donald began purging his inner circle of people who either make him unhappy or who might tarnish his image. Christie's gone and Reince Priebus, whom he castigated as part of the evil GOP leadership, is now his chief of staff and he's taken on the CEO of Breitbart as his chief strategist. In addition he's already begun backing off his campaign promises and telling the media that his tough campaign rhetoric wasn't anything more than a device to get himself elected.
And, I imagine, to the great joy of his more rabid supporters, he told them all to stop picking on the Clintons because they are "good people". I'm curious to see how the Trump people explain his sudden reversals. He's talking about keeping big chunks of Obamacare and making hints at all sorts of new policy positions that should warm the cockles of liberal hearts everywhere.
You know how much I hate to say, "I told you so," but..............
© 2016 by Tom King
Thursday, November 10, 2016
- Liberals hate the evil oppressive government and at the same time want more evil oppressive government.
- Liberals believe in freedom and at the same time seek to achieve freedom by taking more and more of it away through government.
- Liberals want to help the poor and oppressed and at the same time seek to destroy the middle class and working wealthy class and creating a proletariat that shares equal misery.
- Liberals hate oppressive cops and lawyers and at the same time want to pass more laws that create more cops and lawyers and give them even more power to oppress.
- Liberals hate powerful elites who conspire to control the lives of ordinary people and at the same time work desperately to make sure the powerful elites have much more power than they've ever had.
- Liberals complain that Christians wish to force their beliefs on others and at the same time use the power of the government to force their beliefs on Christians.
- Liberals blame religion for starting all the wars and at the same time claim Islam is not responsible for starting the wars in the Middle East.
- Liberals don't want the government coming into their bedrooms and at the same time want the government to pay for the consequences of what happens in that bedroom (supply contraceptives, pay for abortions, etc.)
- Liberals don't believe in violence as a solution to problems between nations and at the same time hold that violent protests and riots are appropriate as a solution to problems between political opinions.
- Liberals believe we should be free to use drugs and at the same time smoking should be abolished.
We are, I believe, in the final stages of Earth's history. We've elected a game show host as our commander-in-chief - a man who is used to making things up as he goes. I don't believe God particularly wanted Trump to be our leader. I don't believe He didn't want Hillary either. Neither one is a Cyrus. Often God gives us the leaders we ask for as a way to punish us. Eleven of Judah's Kings were bad kings - twelve counting Manasseh who was beyond bad. And don't get me started on Ahab, Jezebel and the Israelite (Samaritan) kings.
And won't God use Trump to "bless" America? Probably not. If God wants to bless us He may use the tools at hand or He may step back and let us stew in our own juices. The fact is that if God can use a flawed person to accomplish His will, he could just as easily have used Hillary Clinton. The Kings's heart, as the Psalmist says, is in the hands of the Lord.
An ancient Chinese curse says, "May you live in interesting times." Well brothers and sisters, things are about to get interesting!
© 2016 by Tom King
Monday, November 7, 2016
Trump Delusion Syndrome is a sad debilitating condition that has swept the United States of America in the past year. Psychiatrists say we haven't seen anything this bad since the great Progressive Flu of the 1920s and 30s. If you have any seven of these ten symptoms, you may have TDS.
- You believe that there are only two choices in the presidential race despite the actual number of names printed on your ballot and the presence of a space on your ballot for a write-in vote and you believe that somewhere in scripture there's a text that says, "Thou shalt vote for the lesser of two evils."
- You believe that if you don't vote for Trump, that automatically means you voted for Hillary, but if you don't vote for Hillary, it doesn't mean that you automatically voted for Trump.
- You believe that, whatever thing you want the next president to do, will be done by Donald Trump no matter what he might have said to the contrary during the campaign or actually did during his life as a casino/strip club owner and indicted racketeer.
- You believe that Donald Trump has suddenly become a Christian despite evidence to the contrary and will in any event, surround himself with good people who will help him to do the right things, even though that has never worked at any time in his entire life to make him any less sleazy and despite repeated statements anyway by the Donald that he "doesn't bring God into it."
- You believe that, if he wins, God will use Donald Trump the way he did Cyrus, Sampson, Nebuchadnezzar and Elvis to do good in the world and that God will not use Hillary Clinton in a similar manner if she wins.
- You believe God is a Republican and that voting for a Democrat is a mortal sin.
- You believe that God can forgive and use Trump who claims to be conservative even though he is not and doesn't believe in asking for forgiveness anyway but that God will not forgive and use Hillary who claims to be a moderate despite being a card-carrying Marxist and doesn't believe she needs forgiven for that either.
- You have called good friends "cucks", "traitors", "liberals" and all manner of other unseemly names and accused them of wanting Hillary to win just before blocking them on Facebook so you don't have to listen to their arguments against voting for your Cheetoh Messiah anymore.
- You plan to blame Donald Trump's election loss (if hell doesn't freeze over and he wins), on the very conservatives who told you they would never vote for him way back when you were busily putting him on the ballot, even though Donald himself said he didn't need them to win and you believed him.
- You believe that anyone who votes for a third party or independent candidate and not Donald Trump is going straight to the special hell - the one reserved for communists, axe murderers, and people who drive with their turn signals on.
* Note: TDS is very similar to Liberal Delusion Syndrome save that it tends to strike persons of somewhat higher intelligence and robs them of significant IQ points.