Friday, November 3, 2023

Google Has Discovered My Subversive Blogs Are Making Money!

 

I have now joined the august assemblage of conservative bloggers who have been threatened with demonetization by Google Adsense. Allegedly I have been laying out the ads in my blogs so that they trick readers into “accidentally” clicking on ads. 

First off I wouldn't even know how to do such a thing. 

Second, I've made enough lately that they owe me money.

And, finally, the biggest problem is that since I’ve got the blogs set up on auto-ads with Adsense. I did this recently and suddenly I get an email threatening to demonitized my 9 weblogs for deceptive advertising. The trick is that, if such a thing is happening, it’s Google doing it. On their advice I set Adsense up to automatically set up ads on my blogs to maximize the visibility of my ads and increase reader clicks. So if I'm all of a sudden in violation of some sort of ethical advertising  standard, it's Google that set up the ads on my blog to do that automatically. 

My suspicion here is that the evil Google algorithm we've all heard about has been up to no good. I think it has ferreted out my subversive conservative sympathies and decided it doesn’t like my politics, my religion or my bad jokes. It doesn't make sense that I would get trouble when I turned over the arrangement of ads to Google auto-ads that I'd get in trouble for it..

Pray for me y'all. I am going to beard the Google lion in its den next week. I mean I don’t make much on my blogs, but sometimes it helps pay the grocery bill in a pinch.  I've been growing my audience lately and my ad revenue has increased. If I can't work it out with Google, I may have to go through Patreon to fund my madness or take up stand up comedy or become a Youtube chef or something.

Thanks for listening to me whine!

© 2023 by Tom King

No comments: