- Liberals hate the evil oppressive government and at the same time want more evil oppressive government.
- Liberals believe in freedom and at the same time seek to achieve freedom by taking more and more of it away through government.
- Liberals want to help the poor and oppressed and at the same time seek to destroy the middle class and working wealthy class and creating a proletariat that shares equal misery.
- Liberals hate oppressive cops and lawyers and at the same time want to pass more laws that create more cops and lawyers and give them even more power to oppress.
- Liberals hate powerful elites who conspire to control the lives of ordinary people and at the same time work desperately to make sure the powerful elites have much more power than they've ever had.
- Liberals complain that Christians wish to force their beliefs on others and at the same time use the power of the government to force their beliefs on Christians.
- Liberals blame religion for starting all the wars and at the same time claim Islam is not responsible for starting the wars in the Middle East.
- Liberals don't want the government coming into their bedrooms and at the same time want the government to pay for the consequences of what happens in that bedroom (supply contraceptives, pay for abortions, etc.)
- Liberals don't believe in violence as a solution to problems between nations and at the same time hold that violent protests and riots are appropriate as a solution to problems between political opinions.
- Liberals believe we should be free to use drugs and at the same time smoking should be abolished.
We are, I believe, in the final stages of Earth's history. We've elected a game show host as our commander-in-chief - a man who is used to making things up as he goes. I don't believe God particularly wanted Trump to be our leader. I don't believe He didn't want Hillary either. Neither one is a Cyrus. Often God gives us the leaders we ask for as a way to punish us. Eleven of Judah's Kings were bad kings - twelve counting Manasseh who was beyond bad. And don't get me started on Ahab, Jezebel and the Israelite (Samaritan) kings.
And won't God use Trump to "bless" America? Probably not. If God wants to bless us He may use the tools at hand or He may step back and let us stew in our own juices. The fact is that if God can use a flawed person to accomplish His will, he could just as easily have used Hillary Clinton. The Kings's heart, as the Psalmist says, is in the hands of the Lord.
An ancient Chinese curse says, "May you live in interesting times." Well brothers and sisters, things are about to get interesting!
© 2016 by Tom King