Let's take a closer look at that claim. Government is inherently good,huh?
- Tell that to the six million holocaust victims and six million German citizens exterminated by Adolph Hitler.
- Tell that to the 43 million plus victims of Joltin' Jo Stalin and the overall 62 million for the Soviet Union 1917-1987.
- Tell that to the 40-70 million executed, starved and worked to death by Chairman Mao.
- Tell that to the untold millions killed in the Hundred Years War, The 30 Years War, The War of the Roses, The Crusades, The uncountable jihads, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Kuwait, the Gulf Wars, terrorist attacks and brush wars everywhere.
- Tell that to those who lived under Napoleon, who were slaughtered by Ghengis Khan and who died at the hands of twisted emperors like Nero, Caligula, Commodus, Domitian and Elagabalus.
- The 75,000 Muslims massacred by Ferdinand Marcos
- The one million killed in Ethiopia by the Marxist Regime in the 80s.
- The 600,000 ethnic Chinese killed by the Indonesian government in the early 60s.
- The 2 million Cambodians murdered by Pol Pot in the killing fields.
- The 800,000 Tutsi and Hutu "dissidents" slaughtered by Rwanda's Hutu government in the 90s.
- The 200,000 Muslims murdered by the Serbian government in the 90s.
- The 2 million Armenians exterminated by the Ottoman Empire in the early years of the 20th century.
- The 10,000 people who hurled themselves from cliffs as ordered by Japanese Emperor Hirohito because he was afraid US forces would treat the so well after the conquest that it would be bad PR and lessen the "fighting spirit" of Japanese mainlanders.
- The 300,00 Chinese men, women and children brutalized, raped and murdered by Japanese troops in Nanking China.
- The 40,000 Frenchmen who died on the orders of Maximilien Robespierre.
- The 30,000 Iranians executed for having incorrect political opinions by the Ayatollah Khomeini.
- The 500,000 killed by Idi Amin Dada, the lunatic that ran Uganda for many years.
- The 3 million Congolese killed, maimed and tortured by King Leopold II of Belgium at end of the 1800s and early 1900s.
- Oliver Cromwell's extermination of one fifth of the entire population of Ireland.
- The 10,000 Romanians that Vlad III, King of Romania impaled for his amusement on large pointed stakes round his castle.
- The one thousand citizens of Novgorod who were daily executed in front of the castle while Ivan the Terrible and his family watched the festivities. The people were suspected of being about to run away from Russia.
- Saddam Hussein's gassing and mass murder of some 600,000 Iraqi citizens.
- Kim Il Sung's genocide which took 1.6 million victims.
- And that's the short list.....
Now, once again, Senator, tell me again how a big powerful government is inherently good.
Tom King (c) 2013