Tuesday, February 23, 2021

HACKERS SHOULD BE MAROONED ON AN ISLAND WITH NO ELECTRICITY AND ONE RADIO SHACK TRS-80 AND NO TV


If you get a message that says, "Look what I found!", DON'T LOOK ETHEL.Or as Admiral Akbar put it, "IT'S A TRAP!".

I got hit with a phishing message that automatically forwarded this thing to everyone on my list.  I was asleep at the time. I don't know how this bloody thing works, but I think it's looking for your password. Needless to say, don't give it to them..

Meanwhile, I''m deleting over a thousand messages this thing sent out in my name - one by one since nothing works to delete them in mass.
Heck I don't even know how to forward a message to everyone on my list. Facebook has deleted the original poster so it shouldn't go any further, but if you see anything like this going forward delete it. I suspect this guy will try to send it again, if it hasn't already replicated itself so much that it's going to be a mess. 

 This would be a good place for FB to engage an algorithm to hunt it down and delete it. FB has taken down the original poster's account so that's good. I want to thank Facebook for shutting down Mr. Davis' account before the virus he spread amongst us by Messenger could go too terribly far. Now if only they could create an algorithm that would delete all those posts.

At any rate, I finally deleted all the malware posts. Not sure how to prevent this. Like I said, I was asleep at the time, so I don't know how this one was forwarded. Just make sure you don't hit enter anywhere in the message. Delete it quick and don't open it and you won't have to spend your day deleting messages you don't want to attack your friends like I just did.

Thanks,

Tom

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Enjoy your blogs...You don’t mince words! 😂