Thursday, May 7, 2015

See America First - If You Want to Live, That Is



Just looked at one of those top 15 most dangerous countries you shouldn't travel to lists. Sobering. Mexico is on there along with Guatemala, Venezuela and Brazil!  You kind of expect to find Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Myanmar and Syria on the list, but Russia, Egypt and India too?  So much for the Taj Mahal, the Pyramids and those onion domes in Moscow.

Ah well, I expect if I want to see the Amazon, The Euphrates River or Angel Falls, I'll just dig out an old copy of the National Geographic and lean back in my battered recliner to peruse the sights. It appears the "rest of the world" that the president wants to apologize to for how terrible our contry behaves is not a place I very much care whether we have their approval or not. I certainly am not interested in going there.

If I want to see the pyramids, there's always Google Earth I suppose. Kinda sad really. Anymore, that's probably as close as a civilized person would dare to get to the former cradle of civilization.

Tom

© 2015

1 comment:

Mark Milliorn said...

I notice that these surveys are usually out the Northeastern area of the US, and surprisingly, always say the best place to live is in the Northeastern area of the US.

I'm sure this is just a coincidence.