Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Conservation vs. Environmentalism

I think I would describe myself as a conservationist rather than an environmentalist. Conservation suggests an active human role in caring for our planet - the role God gave us in the Garden of Eden when he told us to name the animals and care for the garden. Environmentalism suggest a religious or political "ism" a worship of nature itself rather than nature's Creator.


Ventriloquist Jeff Dunham has a bit in his Achmed the Terrorist routine where he asks Achmed what he does.

Achmed replies, "I'm a terrorist."
"What kind of terrorist?" Dunham asks.

"A terrifying terrorist!" says Achmed.

Well I'm a conservationist.

"What kind of conservationist?" you ask.

"A conservative conservationist!"

I'm just saying. You may now talk amongst yourselves....

No comments: