- Our enemies see weakness as an opportunity. And they are enemies. They do not want to make peace with us. They want to destroy and replace us. They mistake America’s longing for peace as a lack of moral will.
- We, as a people, don’t understand people like that because we have lived so long without war in our own land. We always try to put down our weapons after a war. We always have to pick them up again because people who live with constant war want what we have in this country—PEACE, Prosperity and Plenty. Because they have always lived in lands where the strong take from the weak, it’s the only way they know to get what we have. They have to take it.
- Nuclear weapons offer virtually the only way for a handful of people to sacrifice their lives to accomplish what we did at Hiroshima and Nagasaki - victory! If they wish to make the mighty United States surrender, they MUST attack with overwhelming force. Two bombs would do it. One to strike fear; two to show they can repeat it when they like. It’s the only way for a third world power to conquer and conquering is what they intend. We have deluded ourselves about what the atomic bombs and Hiroshima and Nagasaki accomplished. Al Quaeda, the Taliban and Iran have no such delusions.
- Fanatic Muslims believe all infidels must be subdued and Islam made the supreme law of the world so that their messiah can make his appearance. This requires unrelenting jihad against all infidels. If you are attacking the whole world, it’s like taking on a group on the playground. The way to do it is to take down the biggest guy first in order to intimidate the rest. As one Arab commentator wrote, the only thing the Arab culture respects is strength. Because the U.S. is running around the world bowing and apologizing, we have signaled to these enemies that we are growing weak and vulnerable.
- We do not have the will to do what needs to be done to remove the nuclear weapons-making capacity of countries like Iran. We think they will be bound by the doctrine of mutually assured destruction. At least we did believe that till the President announced we would not retaliate with nukes if we were attacked by a non-nuclear state. This muddies the waters sufficiently to give terrorists the edge they need. If they detonate nukes against us, because of our pledge we will not be able to return the favor, even if the terrorists are known so long as there is no “clear” connecting between them and the government of the country where they are hiding. We’ve thrown off a piece of our armor and painted a big target round the hole.
Finally, I think we might be the ones to start the nuclear holocaust. If you attack people who fear and loathe war, suddenly and without mercy, those fearful people will reach out and grasp the first tool that comes to hand and strike back without mercy. American liberal leaders have shown a penchant for getting even with their foes. They are not gentlemanly losers. If nuclear weapons go off in American cities it will frighten the wits out of a "liberal" government. I believe that a peace-loving, diplomacy first, free love, elitist president will squeal like a little girl and punch the launch button without another thought - high moral tone notwithstanding. Only a strong man has the courage to carefully think things through before reacting when he is under fire.
The Japanese and people from the middle east are not bad people. They did have (and in the middle east still do have) have some really awful leaders though. My comments are only about those who would use an atomic bomb willingly if they just had one.
All I can say is Jesus better get here soon, if he's going to fetch us out before the big one goes off. Even if the Son of God comes right now, He’s liable to need some kind of nuclear shielding when he passes over Iran. The bad guys will not take kindly to their mythology being challenged. They'll probably do a lot of that shooting up in the air stuff as the cloud passes over.